WIBN Terms & Conditions Of Membership
1) Each member must represent the profession that is either their main business or is a substantial part of their business activity. Only one core activity can be represented by each member at the meeting. If a member wishes to represent other areas of their business, other than the one originally listed on their application form, they need to seek permission from their group Chairperson or directly from WIBN.
2) If a member wants to change their registered profession, providing that profession is not already represented in their group, they should discuss it with their Chairperson. A fee of £10 may be levied for administration purposes.
3) Members may only transfer between groups in exceptional circumstances. Each situation will be considered on a case by case basis and a transfer fee of £20 may be levied for administration purposes. Contact the Chairperson of your existing group initially.
4) If a member cannot attend a meeting, they should arrange for a representative to attend in their place, and advise the group Chairperson.
5) If a member fails to attend regularly WIBN reserve the right to review and revoke their membership. A member may miss a maximum of 2 meetings (without sending a sub) in a 12 month membership, after which the category may be re-opened. A leave of absence is possible in certain circumstances, but must be agreed by the group Chairperson.
6) Members are permitted a maximum of 4 visits to different WIBN groups throughout their 12 month membership, any more visits will be at the discretion of the group Chairperson.
7) Membership fees are payable annually by money transfer, cheque or cash. Meeting fees are payable by a monthly standing order and are £22* outside central London, and £25* within central London (prices subject to vat where applicable). Members are expected to set up a standing order from the start of their membership and make continuing payments as long as their membership is in force, regardless of attendance. No refunds will be given. In the unlikely event of a meeting being cancelled by the Chairperson, the member will receive a meeting fee refund or have an additional month added to their membership.
8) Renewal notices will be sent out approximately one month before the renewal is due and payment must be received by the renewal date in order for the membership to continue. If payment it is not received within 14 days of the renewal date, membership will cease.
9) In the event that a member wants to terminate their membership, whatever the reason, the fees are not refundable. In the unlikely case of membership being terminated by WIBN for whatever reason, the fees are not refundable.
10) In the unlikely event of conflict or complaint, please contact Lindsay Loxley directly who will make every effort to resolve the problem. Her decision will be binding. WIBN Associates Ltd. reserves the right to judge each case separately and any decision will not be considered a precedent.
11) As a member of WIBN and for a 2 year period after membership has ceased, you must undertake not to set up a similar women’s or any other business networking organisation from the ‘know how’ gained by attending WIBN meetings, to compete with WIBN.
June 2014 * WIBN reserves the right to increase the fees as laid out above.
January 2015 *WIBN reserves the right to move a WIBN meeting to a new venue where necessary (venue choice is entirely at the discretion of the group manager).
WIBN Policy on changed meeting date & venue – April 2014
There will only be a meeting date or venue change when the circumstances are beyond our control. Should the date change, without adequate notice and within 3 weeks of the diaried meeting, thus preventing a WIBN member from attending their monthly meeting, the member will receive either a meeting fee refund, or have an additional month added to their membership, extending their membership renewal date. In the unlikely event of a venue change beyond an acceptable distance, thus preventing the WIBN member from attending, the same refund or additional meeting will apply, and the member should contact their group manager.