Assertiveness is a social skill that relies heavily on effective communication, while simultaneously respecting the thoughts & wishes of others.
People who are assertive clearly and respectfully communicate their wants, needs, positions, and boundaries to others.
Whilst many of us aim to be assertive, we may find ourselves swinging between being overly passive or aggressive.
The aim of the Assertiveness Workshop is for you to learn what impacts your own assertiveness and how to manage this to best effect going forward.
After the Assertiveness Workshop, you will:
– Understand what assertiveness is and how this differs from passiveness, aggression and passive-aggression
– Learn how increased assertiveness could benefit you across different parts of your life
– Recognise what an assertive version of you looks and feels like
– Understand triggers that impact your assertiveness levels and how you could turn these to your advantage
– Explore options to help you to build and top up your assertiveness
– Take away some practical actions to help you going forward
Saturday 16th / Monday 18th November – 9.30am-1pm
Holme – PE7 3QZ
£45 per place