BREXIT – GREEN CARDS – Important Update

In the event of the UK leaving the European Union without a deal, it will be a legal requirement for anyone driving abroad under a UK Insurance policy to carry a physical document known as a Green Card when driving in Europe.
If drivers intend to tow a trailer or caravan, they must also have a separate Green Card for that.
If you live in Northern Ireland this is particularly important as Green Cards will be required to drive into the Republic of Ireland.
📗 What are Green Cards? 📗
Green Cards are an international certificate of insurance issued by insurance providers in the UK, guaranteeing that the motorist has the necessary minimum motor insurance cover for travel in the country they are visiting.
❗️ If you need a Green Card ❗️
If we arrange your Insurance simply contact us to request a Green Card (giving as much notice as possible) prior to travelling to an EU country post-Brexit. If we don’t, please also contact your broker/insurer as soon as possible before travelling.
📞 01708 289 525 —