MEET THE WOMAN BEHIND THE BUSINESS …
Your name: Sue Bedford
Your business name: Pulse Health Screening
How long have you been in business? Since 2007
Which WIBN Group are you in? Sandy, Bedfordshire
- What do you love most about your job? Empowering people by teaching them how to live longer and healthier lives
- Why did you set up your business? I recognised that the National Health Service was really a National Sickness Service and the more I learned about natural health made me realise I could no longer work in the NHS. I wanted to offer a true health service which concentrated on disease prevention and health promotion by identifying potential health problems early enough for the body to deal with them from its own internal pharmacy and not toxic drugs.
- Your first childhood memory? Being given a Noddy book, aged 2
- How long have you been a member of WIBN and why did you join? Member since April 2015. I joined because of the friendliness, professionalism and support of the members within the group
- Most frightening film and why? “Raiders of the Lost Ark”. I saw it at the cinema and covered my eyes through a lot of the film!
- What sort of training did you have before going into this business? I trained as a Registered Nurse and did a diploma course in Nutrition.
- What training have you had since starting your business? I have trained as a bioresonance screening practitioner (2012), a certified GAPS™ Practitioner (2014), a Soza Health Screening licensee and practitioner (2015) and a Foresight Pre-Conception Care practitioner (2015)
- What advice would you give someone who wants to set up their own business? Do as much research as you can and find a unique selling point to make you stand out from anyone else in your field. Also make use of any free training from agencies like WENTA to learn about running a business
- Who is the most interesting person you have met? Philip Day, health researcher and speaker who opened my eyes to the amazing world of natural health
- If Hollywood made a movie about your life, whom would you like to see play the lead role as you? Emma Thompson
- What is the last book you read? Theory of Energetic Healing
- What is the best thing that someone has said about you and your business? That I have saved their life by discovering a serious health issue and helping them turn it around
- Hindsight is a wonderful thing – what one thing would you do differently? Everything I have done has helped me to where I am today
- If you could be a super hero, what would you want your superpowers to be? Open peoples’ minds to see their choices of diet and lifestyle are ruining their health, and magically make it easy for them to make the right choices
- How would you describe your business in three words? Informative. Empowering
- What were you hoping we’d ask you, but didn’t? Maybe something about my family. I am married with four grown-up sons and have two gorgeous little grandsons
- How have things changed for your business over the past few years? It has grown year on year with new services and tests being added regularly, which would be difficult to find together anywhere else
- What is the greatest challenge in running a business? Doing everything myself, from admin duties to doing my main job which is providing health consultations and tests.
- What are your plans for the future? To grow enough to take on another nurse to help with the health screens and expand my services further
- What’s the best thing about being a member of WIBN? The friendly support