Menopause is a natural phase in a woman’s life and the symptoms can be treated naturally too. You really can eradicate hot flushes, irritability and weight gain through natural solutions. HRT is by no means the only option.
The starting point is to get your liver working properly and introduce a number of easy to follow steps that will really help to reduce those key menopause symptoms.
Five natural solutions to achieving a healthy and natural menopause
- Cleanse the system to support your liver and eradicate toxicity from your body. Essentially you’re wiping the slate clean. The benefits are numerous including a flatter stomach, more energy, improved skin condition and better hormone balance. A healthy liver is key to reducing your symptoms of menopause.
- Right type of food. Do you want to shift those stubborn pounds? The way to do it is to avoid carbohydrate based foods and focus more on proteins and good fats. Carbohydrate is a sugar and will result in a release of insulin and too much insulin in the blood stream is very counterproductive for menopausal women. It actually works closely with your stress hormone cortisol, to fix fat in the cells around your mid-section.
- Avoid caffeine. Did you know that caffeine consumption can make your hot flushes worse? Caffeine is a stimulant that will put your system under a lot of stress. During menopause your body is already struggling with the change in hormone balance, so it is already under a great deal of stress. Adding caffeine to the mix will make the stress worse! If you want to reduce your hot flushes think about reducing coffee, tea and sweet sugary drinks that also have caffeine added. Many popular vitamin drinks also contain caffeine and could be aggravating your symptoms.
- Add in key nutritional boosters: Take a good quality multi vitamin and mineral supplement to ensure that your glandular system is well nourished. Use Omega 3 fish oils which help to create prostaglandins that are the building blocks for hormones. Without enough prostaglandins in your system your hormones can easily become out of balance
- Right type of exercise: Did you know that long slow cardio is not good for helping combat your menopause symptoms? It is a type of stress on the body and will exacerbate further the stress your body is already under. If you have gained weight recently and see that doing more exercise is the way to help shift that weight – then please think again! The thing with menopause is that less is more. Less long slow cardio and more higher intensity body weight and resistance exercises will help to burn the weight around your middle more effectively.
The outcome of following these simple natural solutions is that your hormones are in balance and your menopause symptoms are significantly reduced. You will feel re energized, full of vitality and loving life again!
If menopause and hormone imbalance is wreaking havoc with your life CLICK HERE to discover the secrets to vitality and loving life again!