Recently sexual harassment has received extensive media coverage, with public figures speaking up about being sexually harassed by Hollywood directors, actors and politicians. This has resulted in high profile figures leading from the top and encouraging victims of sexual harassment to speak up.
Sexual harassment in the workplace is commonplace. It is a form of discrimination and the law places a positive duty on employers to take reasonable steps to prevent it from happening. For this reason business owners and managers need to know their legal obligations, and be ready to address and prevent sexual harassment from occurring. Many employers may think that sexual harassment is something that would never happen in their company. Others may want to address and prevent sexual harassment in the workplace, but simply don’t know where to start. For this reason, Gelbergs LLP’s expert team of employment lawyers have put together an interactive and informative half day workshop to introduce businesses to the concept of sexual harassment in the workplace, show that it can and does happen, and to provide them with a toolkit on how to protect your business and comply with the law.
Why attend this workshop?
Join us on 22 January 2018 and our experienced employment lawyers will guide you through the common issues arising out of sexual harassment in the workplace and give you top tips to ensure compliance with the law. There is a maximum of 15 attendees in order to keep it interactive, so grab your ticket now!
During this half day course, you will:
- Understand the legal framework around sexual harassment in the workplace;
- Explore how to reduce the risk of it happening;
- Learn how to handle disclosures of sexual harassment;
- Receive a free dignity at work policy to tailor to your business.
Who should attend this workshop?
This course is for you if:
- You are a manager or HR professional, and need to understand how to prevent and handle sexual harassment in your workplace; or
- You are a business owner and concerned about protecting your business from the cost and reputational fallout of sexual harassment claims.
Early bird tickets are only £25 plus VAT, but we are offering an extra 20% off for WIBN members. Use code WIBN for your discount! For more information and to book your tickets click below: