Everyone’s at it these days. Writing, I mean. Most business people spend large chunks of their days doing it, from emails to reports to presentations. Not to mention social media.
So when you need persuasive marketing copy, you can do it yourself, right? After all, it’s just a few words on a screen, what’s so difficult about that?
If you want original content for your website or social media, of course you could write it yourself. But good, original, revenue-generating marketing copy takes time, energy, effort, experience and creativity. You’re already devoting 100% of your time on your business, is there anything left in the tank at the end of the day to create unique, innovative online content as well? Because as we all know, one of the keys to being found on Google is original content.
So why hire a freelance copywriter?
- It’s what we do. We write for a living, and we know how to create marketing copy that gets results because we do it every day for hundreds of satisfied clients.
- Good, persuasive, SEO-rich marketing communications need time, focus and energy to create. It’s not something that can be cranked out at whim by just anyone.
- We know how to partner with graphic designers, printers and web designers to create content that fits your brand positioning.
- We often have specialities in specific fields, so you won’t need to teach us all about your industry. This is especially valuable in highly regulated businesses like finance or the law.
- We can lend distance, perspective, and a fresh pair of eyes. Sometimes you can be too close to your business to write about it objectively. An ‘outsider’ can articulate your key marketing messages in ways that may not have occurred to you yet. A professional copywriter will have a briefing template that you can work through together, and often just going through this process helps to clarify your thinking. The copywriter will then turn that thinking into powerful, persuasive marketing copy.
- We’re an investment in your business that can pay back many times over. Well-crafted copy can lead to increased sales. With most writers once you’ve signed off the copy, you then own the copyright. This means you can use and re-use it in as many places as you see fit. Plus, most copywriters love a long-term collaboration, and if you like what we do then our input is scalable, flexible and ongoing.
Working with freelancer copywriters is often the only way to get quality, original and reliable inputs to your marketing efforts, especially if you’re a small business owner who can’t afford to add to the payroll right now.
So the next time you need to push your marketing message out but are staring at a blank screen, consider adding a freelance copywriter to your virtual marketing team.